There are several reasons why these error messages appear. In any case, it means that the video can not be loaded in Coach. A few suggestions:
- The required codec is missing on your computer. In this case, you can also not play the movie in a standard video player. Solution: install the required codec, e.g. through a codec pack such as the K-Lite Codec Pack.
- A 64-bit codec pack is installed. Coach can not handle 64-bit packages. Solution: replace the codec by a 32-bit version.
- DirectX or QuickTime is not up to date. Make sure you download and install DirectX (version 9c or higher) and QuickTime (version 7.2 or higher).
- The QuickTime source filter is not installed. Coach needs this source filter to import movies. Normally it is installed together with Coach. Solution: Make sure the QTSourcePX32.dll file is located in the folder C:\ Program Files\CMA\Coach6\Common. If not, download it here and install it.
- It is not possible (both inside and outside Coach) to view a QuickTime movie from a network location. Solution: move or copy the movie to a local folder on the computer.