Coach 7 Activities and Results are exchangeable between different platforms: Windows, OS X, iOS and Android. No matter what the mix of technology in the classroom or the school is, all users share the same user experience.
Older CoachLab II+ models (without a serial number, or with serial number SAG08XXXXX and SAG09XXXXX) are currently supported in Windows only.
All CMA sensors are supported in Coach, along with most Vernier Labquest sensors, with BT connectors. When buying sensors, make sure to match them with the interface you use.
The following CMA interfaces are supported:
- On Windows: WiLab, CLAB, €Lab, €Sense, €Motion, CoachLab II+ and VinciLab.
- On OS X: WiLab, CLAB, €Lab, €Sense, CoachLab II+ and VinciLab.
- On iPad: WiLab (BlueTooth), VinciLab, wireless via Wi-Fi.
- On Android: WiLab, VinciLab, wireless via Wi-Fi, and €Lab, €Sense, CLAB, CoachLabII+ via a USB port (a Micro USB OTG-hub or cable is needed to connect an interface).
- On Chromebook: WiLab, VinciLab, wireless via Wi-Fi, when using CMA HID server also with USB connection: CoachLabII+ (after 2010), CLAB, €Lab, €Sense,
The CoachLab II interface (before 2008, with a serial port) and other old CMA interfaces are no longer supported.
Yes, *.cma7 and *.cmr7 files are interchangeable between all supported operating systems.
Yes, most activities from Coach 6 can be opened directly in Coach 7, but not the other way around. There are a few cases where conversion is not possible, e.g. when a text contains an image. In these cases, the activity will have to be manually modified.